Six trips per month (Monday to Friday from 9 AM - 4 PM) within the service area for example:
- medical visits
- grocery shopping
- hair/barber salon
- friend's homes
- social/cultural events
Stay in Touch Calls (7 days a week)
Our "Stay in Touch" calls are an optional opportunity for you to let us know how you are, share any changes to your schedule, or make new service requests. You tell us when to call between 9 AM - 4 PM.
Some members enjoy a friendly visit from time to time. Members may opt to have a Care Team member meet with you to see how you are doing, gather feedback on services you have used and talk about future services.
Minor Home Repairs
Call us and we will come to your house to:
- change your HVAC filter
- change fire alarm or CO2 alarm batteries
- replace hard-to-reach light bulbs
- do other minor repairs
If the job is too big, we will refer you to a vetted service provider who can address your need. Let us help you with routine or unexpected minor home repairs.
We all need help from time to time with our digital equipment:
- Instruction on how to use basic electronic devices like phone, TV remote, etc.
- Learn basic skills such as email or how to send/receive photos, Skype, etc.
Social events will be planned periodically. Our calendar provides information on events and activities for your interests and enjoyment. For example:
- Seminars on various senior topics
- Art and crafts
- Receptions and teas sponsored by members
- Physical activities (ex. Walking Club)
Vetted Service Providers
Some service requests exceed minor repairs. The Charlotte Village offers referrals to reliable service providers and monitors members satisfaction with these vendors. All providers are pre-screened and references are checked to give you peace of mind. Members are responsible for payment made to these providers
Examples of professional offerings:
- Computer repair and assistance
- Appliance repair
- Heating and A/C service
Providing small duties to help straighten things up around the house.
For major housekeeping chores, we will provide referrals to vetted vendors.
Monthly Care Team Visit
Provided to Full Members as a way to check on them.
- To see how they are doing?
- Have their needs changed in any way?
- Do they need a referral to an agency for certain care beyond our scope?